Bangladesh University of Health Scieces , Bangladesh
Title: Training Capacity Building Partnership Opportunity on Postgraduate Certificate Course in Global Health
Introduction: This partnership opportunity aims to establish a robust training capacity building program focused on a Postgraduate Certificate Course in Global Health. The course will cater to professionals and students seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in addressing global health challenges. This collaboration offers a unique platform to bridge the gap between academia and real-world global health practice, fostering competent and compassionate leaders in the field.
Course Overview: The Postgraduate Certificate Course in Global Health is an interdisciplinary program that delves into the complexities of global health issues, equipping participants with the necessary tools to analyze, strategize, and implement effective solutions. The curriculum has been developed by a team of experienced academics and practitioners, covering topics such as epidemiology, public health policy, health systems, disease prevention, health equity, and global health diplomacy. We have developed an online short-term (up to 3 months) Post Graduate Certificate Course on Global Health using CUGH tool kit where instructors from the Institute of Public Health (IPH) at the University of Gondar (UoG) and the Dept. of Community Medicine under the Faculty of Public health at Bangladesh University of Health Sciences will be involved. This was developed under the mentor-mentee program of Academic Partnership Program Initiative (APPI), CUGH.
- Training Objectives:
- Enhancing Competency: Strengthening participants’ understanding of global health principles, challenges, and best practices to equip them with the skills required for evidence-based decision-making and problem-solving.
- Building a Global Network: Facilitating connections and knowledge exchange among participants from diverse backgrounds, promoting cross-cultural understanding and collaboration.
- Fostering Leadership: Nurturing leadership qualities that empower participants to initiate positive change in their communities and contribute to global health goals.
- Partnership Components:
- Academic Institutions: Collaborating with reputable universities or academic institutions specializing in global health education to develop and validate the curriculum. These institutions will provide faculty members and subject matter experts.
- Funding Organizations: Seeking support from philanthropic organizations, governments, or international bodies to offer scholarships, fellowships, or financial aid to eligible candidates, ensuring inclusivity and diversity within the program.
- Public and Private Sectors: Engaging with government health agencies, non-governmental organizations, and private companies to provide practical training opportunities, internships, or research projects for participants.
- Global Health Experts: Involving renowned global health experts and practitioners as guest lecturers, mentors, or advisors to provide valuable insights and practical perspectives.
- Online Learning Platform: Utilizing a well-designed online platform to facilitate distance learning and ensure accessibility for participants from different regions and time zones.
- Benefits of Partnership:
- Diverse Perspectives: Partnering with multiple organizations brings together diverse perspectives, experiences, and resources, enriching the learning environment and the participants’ understanding of global health challenges.
- Sustainable Impact: The capacity-building approach ensures that graduates can take on leadership roles and create sustainable, impactful changes in their respective communities, amplifying the program’s overall influence.
- Knowledge Sharing: Collaboration with renowned experts and organizations fosters knowledge sharing, promoting innovation and best practices in global health.
- Global Recognition: A partnership with esteemed academic and public/private sector organizations enhances the course’s credibility and attracts a broader audience, ultimately benefiting the field of global health.
Conclusion: The Training Capacity Building Partnership Opportunity on the Postgraduate Certificate Course in Global Health serves as a powerful initiative to address pressing global health challenges. By collaborating with academic institutions, funding organizations, public and private sectors, and global health experts, the program can create a profound impact and produce a new generation of skilled and empathetic global health leaders capable of making positive changes worldwide.
We would like to get the support from any interested institute to be one of the partners and help us with some technical issue and also support us with experienced faculty in Global Health. We have used the CUGH tool kit to develop the Post Graduate Certificate Course on Global Health. We feel that this collaborative Post Graduate Certificate Course on Global Health course can provide students with a comprehensive understanding of global health issues and equip them with the necessary skills to address health challenges worldwide and can enhance students' career prospects by providing them with a recognized qualification in global health, which is in high demand in many countries.
Relevant website: none